Situated near to the entrance gate of Ulpha Church in South Cumbria is a small, knee high sundial.
On two sides of the plinth are letters and numbers. C.M.P is carved into the sandstone on the front face whilst 1761 is carved on the right face.
Unusually the sundial is not in a prime un-obstructed location as it is bordered by a nearby hedge.
This location is therefore not assumed to be an original location.
The sundial received Grade II status on the 21 January 1985.
According to the inscription it was the gift of WmDanson. However, this seems not to be linked to the letters C.M.P.