Based in Dalton Square, Lancaster Town Hall was officially opened on the 27th December 1909, by Lord Ashton.
Waring and Gillows were the main contractors for the stone work, furniture and wood carvings. The stone carving over the front steps was undertaken by F.W. Pomfrey and the stain glass windows were made by local firm Shrigley and Hunt.
The Town Hall is a Grade II* listed building and was opened in 1909.
The clock mechanism was fully restored in January 2000.
More details about Lancaster Town Hall