St Andrew’s Church, Penrith, Cumbria.
Posted by on Feb 21, 2010 in Building clocks | 0 comments
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

At the heart of Penrith, Cumbria is St Andrew’s Church.

St Andrew’s Church, Penrith, Cumbria.

St Andrew’s Church, Penrith, Cumbria.

The clock tower features gold numerals and hands on a dark background.

It is thought that the tower  dates back to the 1300’s

William Porthouse was in charge of looking after the clock for 25 years from 1740 to 1765. In 1763 he supervised the hanging of new bells.