Perched high above the Stricklandgate and Highgate junction in Kendal stands the town hall clock.
The bell tower contains 11 bells and strikes the hour and quarters.
On the hour assorted folk songs are played.
The current bells were first rung at 11am on the 22 June 1897 to mark Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee.
The hour bell was cast in 1897 by Taylor and weighs 44100lbs